- This event has passed.
Tools and methods for scientific policy advice – Workshop 3: The catalytic role of science in transitions to sustainable development
January 14um14:00 - 15:00
Have you ever wanted to use your academic expertise to inform climate-related policies?
Learn how you can start, and hear experts’ personal experiences!
In this online workshop series, experts from the IASS share their knowledge and skills in transformative policy advice for sustainable development and climate mitigation. Every workshop session starts with a short input, followed by a moderated Q & A and a round of breakout-groups to apply the insights for your respective field of research.
This workshop series is right for you if:
- you would like to create political impact from your research but you’re wondering how to do this effectively
- you already have some experience in scientific policy advice and would like to re-flect your experiences in a group of peers
- you want to gain an overview on tools and methods for transformative policy ad-vice
Workshop 1: Introduction to tools for transformative policy advice and experiences from the mobility sector
- by Prof. Dr. Sophia Becker, Scientific Group Leader Methods for transformative policy advice, IASS Potsdam & TU Berlin
- November 19, 2021, 2-3 pm
Workshop 2: Inside politics: political realities and scientific advice
- by Matthias Tang, Head of Press and Communications, IASS Potsdam; former Press Secretary of the Berlin Senate Department for the Environment, Transport and Climate Protection.
- December 10, 2021, 2-3 pm
Workshop 3: The catalytic role of science in transitions to sustainable development
- by Prof. Dr. Ortwin Renn, Scientific Director, IASS Potsdam
- January 14, 2022, 2-3 pm
Workshop 4: Lessons learned from scientific policy advice in the Lausitz region – the coal phase-out in Brandenburg
- by Victoria Luh, Research Associate in the group Social transformation and Policy Advice in Lusatia, IASS Potsdam
- February, 11, 2022, 2-3 pm
Academics from all disciplines and levels of experience are welcome. Feel free to attend all four workshop sessions or just a single one. Participation is free of charge. All sessions are held in English.